[Samba] : how to connect samba with Active directory on openSUSE 10.3 - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] : how to connect samba with Active directory on openSUSE 10.3 - Samba ; Hi, I intend to connect freeradius 2.0.2-3 to Active directory, following this HOW_TO: http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIU...egration_HOWTO as i am a real newbi at linux, i am here for some questions. some of them could be silly, but please, excuse me and my ...

  1. [Samba] : how to connect samba with Active directory on openSUSE 10.3

    Hi,

    I intend to connect freeradius 2.0.2-3 to Active directory, following this HOW_TO:
    http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIU...egration_HOWTO

    as i am a real newbi at linux, i am here for some questions. some of them could be silly, but please, excuse me and my poor english too!

    the HOWTO point a file named "smb.conf" laocated usually at /etc/samba/smb.conf

    my fsmb.conf file looks like this:

    ---------------------------------
    # smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
    # version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE if the
    # samba-doc package is installed.
    # Date: 2008-05-28
    [global]
    workgroup = MYDOMAIN
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups
    printcap cache time = 750
    cupsoptions = raw
    map to guest = Bad User
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
    logon home= \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
    logon drive = P:
    usershare allow guests = Yes
    [homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    valid users = %S, %D%w%S
    browseable = No
    read only = No
    inheritacls = Yes
    [profiles]
    comment = Network Profiles Service
    path = %H
    read only = No
    store dos attributes = Yes
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
    [users]
    comment = All users
    path = /home
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
    veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
    [groups]
    comment = All groups
    path = /home/groups
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
    [printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/tmp
    printable = Yes
    create mask = 0600
    browseable = No
    [print$]
    comment = Printer Drivers
    path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
    write list = @ntadmin root
    force group = ntadmin
    create mask = 0664
    directory mask = 0775
    --------------------------------

    operating systeme is SUSE 10.3 and samba version is 3.0.26a

    - first, in the global section, i wonder which is correct between "workgroup = MYDOMAIN" and " workgroup = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL"

    - Then i identified files like:
    /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE
    /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.default
    they contains part of the stuffs i have to configure. so my second questionis, have i to take care of these files too or should i just follow the HOWTO and put all my lines in smb.conf only?

    hoping to be read and understood,

    thank you

    ________________________________
    Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
    Une boite mail plus intelligente..

  2. Re: [Samba] : how to connect samba with Active directory on openSUSE 10.3

    On Monday 23 June 2008 13:21:04 Reveal MAP wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I intend to connect freeradius 2.0.2-3 to Active directory, following this
    > HOW_TO:
    > http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIU...egration_HOWTO
    >
    > as i am a real newbi at linux, i am here for some questions. some of them
    > could be silly, but please, excuse me and my poor english too!
    >
    > the HOWTO point a file named "smb.conf" laocated usually at
    > /etc/samba/smb.conf

    [stuff cut out here]

    > operating systeme is SUSE 10.3 and samba version is 3.0.26a
    >
    > - first, in the global section, i wonder which is correct between
    > "workgroup = MYDOMAIN" and " workgroup = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL"
    >
    > - Then i identified files like:
    > /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE
    > /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.default
    > they contains part of the stuffs i have to configure. so my second
    > questionis, have i to take care of these files too or should i just follow
    > the HOWTO and put all my lines in smb.conf only?
    >
    > hoping to be read and understood,

    Your request has been read. It is clearly understood. Please read the Samba
    documentation. There are two detailed books.

    http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-HOWTO.pdf
    http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-ByExample.pdf

    Given that your experience is just beginning, you may want to see this working
    with not too much effort. In this case, experiement with the working network
    examples in the Samba3-ByExample book. If you want to get straight to the
    implementation you desire, check the chapter (I think it is chapter 7) on
    adding Domain Member Clients and Servers. You will find a close
    approximation to your needs there. It does not include the Free RADIUS stuff,
    but at least will get you a working Samba server that is an ADS domain
    member.

    Enjoy!

    - John T.