I intend to connect freeradius 2.0.2-3 to Active directory, following this HOW_TO:

as i am a real newbi at linux, i am here for some questions. some of them could be silly, but please, excuse me and my poor english too!

the HOWTO point a file named "smb.conf" laocated usually at /etc/samba/smb.conf

my fsmb.conf file looks like this:

# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE if the
# samba-doc package is installed.
# Date: 2008-05-28
workgroup = MYDOMAIN
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
printcap cache time = 750
cups options = raw
map to guest = Bad User
include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
logon drive = P:
usershare allow guests =Yes
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S,%D%w%S
browseable = No
read only = No
inherit acls = Yes
comment = Network Profiles Service
path = %H
read only = No
store dos attributes = Yes
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
comment = All users
path = /home
read only = No
inherit acls = Yes
veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
comment = All groups
path = /home/groups
read only = No
inherit acls = Yes
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
printable = Yes
create mask = 0600
browseable = No
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
write list = @ntadmin root
force group = ntadmin
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775

operating systeme is SUSE 10.3 andsamba version is 3.0.26a

- first, in the global section, i wonder which is correct between "workgroup = MYDOMAIN" and " workgroup = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL"

- Then i identified files like:
they contains part of the stuffs i have to configure.. so my second questionis, have i to take care of these files too or shouldi just follow the HOWTO and put all my lines in smb.conf only?

hopingto be read and understood,

thank you

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente.