Using system libtalloc in Samba4 - Samba

This is a discussion on Using system libtalloc in Samba4 - Samba ; Jelmer, I'm trying to build Samba4 against the system popt, tdb and talloc (and eventually ldb). However, despite having the relevant packages installed, ldd only shows a link against popt, not tdb and talloc. I get this from configure (note ...

  1. Using system libtalloc in Samba4

    Jelmer,

    I'm trying to build Samba4 against the system popt, tdb and talloc (and
    eventually ldb). However, despite having the relevant packages
    installed, ldd only shows a link against popt, not tdb and talloc.

    I get this from configure (note it links against popt, despite the
    below):

    Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    line 58.
    Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    line 58.
    Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    line 58.
    build/smb_build/makefile.pm: creating data.mk
    Support for SSL in SWAT and LDAP: yes
    Support for threads in smbd (see --with-pthread): yes
    Support for intelligent command line editing: yes
    Support for changing process titles (see --with-setproctitle): yes
    Support for using extended attributes: yes
    Support for using libblkid: yes
    Support for using iconv: yes
    Support for using pam: yes
    Support for python bindings: yes
    Using external popt: no
    Using external talloc: no
    Using external tdb: no
    Using external ldb: no
    Developer mode: yes
    Automatic dependencies: no (install GNU make >= 3.81 and see
    --enable-automatic-dependencies)
    Building shared libraries: yes
    Using shared libraries internally: no (specify --enable-dso)

    Andrew Bartlett
    --
    Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
    Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc. http://redhat.com

  2. Re: Using system libtalloc in Samba4

    Hi Andrew,

    Am Montag, den 23.06.2008, 13:07 +1000 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
    > I'm trying to build Samba4 against the system popt, tdb and talloc (and
    > eventually ldb). However, despite having the relevant packages
    > installed, ldd only shows a link against popt, not tdb and talloc.
    > I get this from configure (note it links against popt, despite the
    > below):
    >
    > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > line 58.
    > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > line 58.
    > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > line 58.
    > build/smb_build/makefile.pm: creating data.mk
    > Support for SSL in SWAT and LDAP: yes
    > Support for threads in smbd (see --with-pthread): yes
    > Support for intelligent command line editing: yes
    > Support for changing process titles (see --with-setproctitle): yes
    > Support for using extended attributes: yes
    > Support for using libblkid: yes
    > Support for using iconv: yes
    > Support for using pam: yes
    > Support for python bindings: yes
    > Using external popt: no
    > Using external talloc: no
    > Using external tdb: no
    > Using external ldb: no
    > Developer mode: yes
    > Automatic dependencies: no (install GNU make >= 3.81 and see
    > --enable-automatic-dependencies)
    > Building shared libraries: yes
    > Using shared libraries internally: no (specify --enable-dso)

    What do configure and config.log say when looking for these libs ?

    Cheers,

    Jelmer
    --
    Jelmer Vernooij - http://samba.org/~jelmer/
    Jabber: jelmer@jabber.fsfe.org

  3. Re: Using system libtalloc in Samba4

    On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 16:02 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
    > Hi Andrew,
    >
    > Am Montag, den 23.06.2008, 13:07 +1000 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
    > > I'm trying to build Samba4 against the system popt, tdb and talloc (and
    > > eventually ldb). However, despite having the relevant packages
    > > installed, ldd only shows a link against popt, not tdb and talloc.
    > > I get this from configure (note it links against popt, despite the
    > > below):
    > >
    > > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > > line 58.
    > > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > > line 58.
    > > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > > line 58.
    > > build/smb_build/makefile.pm: creating data.mk
    > > Support for SSL in SWAT and LDAP: yes
    > > Support for threads in smbd (see --with-pthread): yes
    > > Support for intelligent command line editing: yes
    > > Support for changing process titles (see --with-setproctitle): yes
    > > Support for using extended attributes: yes
    > > Support for using libblkid: yes
    > > Support for using iconv: yes
    > > Support for using pam: yes
    > > Support for python bindings: yes
    > > Using external popt: no
    > > Using external talloc: no
    > > Using external tdb: no
    > > Using external ldb: no
    > > Developer mode: yes
    > > Automatic dependencies: no (install GNU make >= 3.81 and see
    > > --enable-automatic-dependencies)
    > > Building shared libraries: yes
    > > Using shared libraries internally: no (specify --enable-dso)

    > What do configure and config.log say when looking for these libs ?

    The configure logs seemed to indicate that the talloc tests passed.
    That was the odd bit...

    Andrew Bartlett

    --
    Andrew Bartlett
    http://samba.org/~abartlet/

  4. Re: Using system libtalloc in Samba4

    On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 09:19 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
    > On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 16:02 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
    > > Hi Andrew,
    > >
    > > Am Montag, den 23.06.2008, 13:07 +1000 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
    > > > I'm trying to build Samba4 against the system popt, tdb and talloc (and
    > > > eventually ldb). However, despite having the relevant packages
    > > > installed, ldd only shows a link against popt, not tdb and talloc.
    > > > I get this from configure (note it links against popt, despite the
    > > > below):
    > > >
    > > > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > > > line 58.
    > > > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > > > line 58.
    > > > Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
    > > > line 58.
    > > > build/smb_build/makefile.pm: creating data.mk
    > > > Support for SSL in SWAT and LDAP: yes
    > > > Support for threads in smbd (see --with-pthread): yes
    > > > Support for intelligent command line editing: yes
    > > > Support for changing process titles (see --with-setproctitle): yes
    > > > Support for using extended attributes: yes
    > > > Support for using libblkid: yes
    > > > Support for using iconv: yes
    > > > Support for using pam: yes
    > > > Support for python bindings: yes
    > > > Using external popt: no
    > > > Using external talloc: no
    > > > Using external tdb: no
    > > > Using external ldb: no
    > > > Developer mode: yes
    > > > Automatic dependencies: no (install GNU make >= 3.81 and see
    > > > --enable-automatic-dependencies)
    > > > Building shared libraries: yes
    > > > Using shared libraries internally: no (specify --enable-dso)

    > > What do configure and config.log say when looking for these libs ?

    > The configure logs seemed to indicate that the talloc tests passed.
    > That was the odd bit...

    A make distclean seemed to fix it. I've now got other trouble, but that
    is for a different mail...

    Andrew Bartlett
    --
    Andrew Bartlett