[Samba] Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP - Samba ; Hello, I'm trying to setup Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP. I'm following this wiki page to setup http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samb...ckend/OpenLDAP When Preparing the OpenLDAP backend, I get an error (I didn't get this error with alpha 3). $ cd .../source $ ...

  1. [Samba] Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP

    Hello,

    I'm trying to setup Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP.

    I'm following this wiki page to setup
    http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samb...ckend/OpenLDAP

    When Preparing the OpenLDAP backend, I get an error (I didn't get this
    error with alpha 3).

    $ cd .../source
    $ ./setup/provision-backend --realm=TEST.XXXX.COM
    --domain=TEST
    --ldap-manager-pass=mypassword
    --ldap-backend-type=openldap
    --server-role='domain controller'

    returns:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./setup/provision-backend", line 102, in
    ldap_backend_port=opts.ldap_backend_port)
    File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1194, in provision_backend
    "SERVERDN": names.serverdn
    File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 185, in setup_modify_ldif
    check_all_substituted(data)
    File "bin/python/samba/__init__.py", line 227, in check_all_substituted
    raise Exception("Not all variables substituted: %s" %
    text[var_start:var_end+1])
    Exception: Not all variables substituted: ${PREFIXMAP_B64}

    Does anyone has any idea?

    Thanks, chris

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP

    On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 16:21 +0200, Christophe Thibault wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to setup Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP.

    It is best to mail questions about Samba4 to the samba-technical list
    while we are still in alpha, as I don't watch this list very often.

    > I'm following this wiki page to setup
    > http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samb...ckend/OpenLDAP
    >
    > When Preparing the OpenLDAP backend, I get an error (I didn't get this
    > error with alpha 3).
    >

    > $ cd .../source
    > $ ./setup/provision-backend --realm=TEST.XXXX.COM
    > --domain=TEST
    > --ldap-manager-pass=mypassword
    > --ldap-backend-type=openldap
    > --server-role='domain controller'
    >
    > returns:
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "./setup/provision-backend", line 102, in
    > ldap_backend_port=opts.ldap_backend_port)
    > File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1194, in provision_backend
    > "SERVERDN": names.serverdn
    > File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 185, in setup_modify_ldif
    > check_all_substituted(data)
    > File "bin/python/samba/__init__.py", line 227, in check_all_substituted
    > raise Exception("Not all variables substituted: %s" %
    > text[var_start:var_end+1])
    > Exception: Not all variables substituted: ${PREFIXMAP_B64}

    Yeah, I didn't test this before cutting the alpha4 tarball. Current GIT
    has this fixed (and now runs this as a 'blackbox' test, so at least the
    basics of this should not regress.

    Andrew Bartlett

    --
    Andrew Bartlett