[Samba] new clients in PDC - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] new clients in PDC - Samba ; hi all Every time I include some machine with Windows XP on my PDC domain, I get the message say me that the user is not the owner of profile folder... Then, I run MMC Console and add a snap-in, ...

  1. [Samba] new clients in PDC

    hi all

    Every time I include some machine with Windows XP on my PDC domain, I get the message say me
    that the user is not the owner of profile folder...

    Then, I run MMC Console and add a snap-in, changing some parts in Computer -> Administrative
    Models -> Don't check owner profile folder and other function, called "Always accept only
    local profile"...

    Well, when I have 3 ou 5 machines, I do this by hand...
    However, when I have more then 10 machines in a LAN, it's hard work to setup MMC Console for
    all machines...

    Is there some way to automatic this changing via Server Domain?

    Thanks for all response...

    Best regards

    --
    Atenciosamente

    ---
    Gilberto Nunes
    MSN: gilberto@bitmix.com.br
    Fones: 47-3348-8020

  2. Re: [Samba] new clients in PDC

    I think setting "profile acls = yes" in smb.conf does the trick

    > hi all
    >
    > Every time I include some machine with Windows XP on my PDC domain, I get
    > the message say me
    > that the user is not the owner of profile folder...
    >
    > Then, I run MMC Console and add a snap-in, changing some parts in Computer
    > -> Administrative
    > Models -> Don't check owner profile folder and other function, called
    > "Always accept only
    > local profile"...
    >
    > Well, when I have 3 ou 5 machines, I do this by hand...
    > However, when I have more then 10 machines in a LAN, it's hard work to
    > setup MMC Console for
    > all machines...
    >
    > Is there some way to automatic this changing via Server Domain?
    >
    > Thanks for all response...
    >
    > Best regards
    >

    > --
    > Atenciosamente
    >
    > ---
    > Gilberto Nunes
    > MSN: gilberto@bitmix.com.br
    > Fones: 47-3348-8020
    >

    > --
    >

    > Message scanned by ClamAV engine (http://www.clamav.net)

    François Legal

    Message scanned by ClamAV engine (http://www.clamav.net)

  3. Re: [Samba] new clients in PDC

    Hi again...

    I solved the problem related in original mail...

    Thanks a lot

    Em Ter, Junho 17, 2008 9:15 am, devel@thom.fr.eu.org escreveu:
    > I think setting "profile acls = yes" in smb.conf does the trick
    >>
    >> hi all
    >>
    >> Every time I include some machine with Windows XP on my PDC domain, I get
    >> the message say me
    >> that the user is not the owner of profile folder...
    >>
    >> Then, I run MMC Console and add a snap-in, changing some parts in Computer
    >> -> Administrative
    >> Models -> Don't check owner profile folder and other function, called
    >> "Always accept only
    >> local profile"...
    >>
    >> Well, when I have 3 ou 5 machines, I do this by hand...
    >> However, when I have more then 10 machines in a LAN, it's hard work to
    >> setup MMC Console for
    >> all machines...
    >>
    >> Is there some way to automatic this changing via Server Domain?
    >>
    >> Thanks for all response...
    >>
    >> Best regards
    >>

    >> --
    >> Atenciosamente
    >>
    >> ---
    >> Gilberto Nunes
    >> MSN: gilberto@bitmix.com.br
    >> Fones: 47-3348-8020
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    >> Message scanned by ClamAV engine (http://www.clamav.net)
    >>

    > --
    > François Legal
    >

    > Message scanned by ClamAV engine (http://www.clamav.net)

    Atenciosamente

    ---
    Gilberto Nunes
    MSN: gilberto@bitmix.com.br
    Fones: 47-3348-8020

    --
    Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
    acredita-se estar livre de perigo.