naming for "events" library - Samba

This is a discussion on naming for "events" library - Samba ; At the moment, the "events" library that is used by Samba 4 is installed simply as "libevents". This name is a bit confusing since (at least on Debian/Ubuntu) there are already a library called "libevent" and one called "libev". What ...

  1. naming for "events" library

    At the moment, the "events" library that is used by Samba 4 is
    installed simply as "libevents". This name is a bit confusing since
    (at least on Debian/Ubuntu) there are already a library called
    "libevent" and one called "libev".

    What do you think about renaming it to avoid confusion? Would anybody
    have better ideas for a name?

    Cheers,

    Jelmer

  2. Re: naming for "events" library

    On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 03:25 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
    > At the moment, the "events" library that is used by Samba 4 is
    > installed simply as "libevents". This name is a bit confusing since
    > (at least on Debian/Ubuntu) there are already a library called
    > "libevent" and one called "libev".
    >
    > What do you think about renaming it to avoid confusion? Would anybody
    > have better ideas for a name?

    No problem as long as someone can come up with a decent name.
    (personally I would not like something like libsmbevents as this library
    has nothing to do with the smb protocol and would just add confusion).

    Simo.

    --
    Simo Sorce
    Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer