[Samba] How can I create a ntlm-hash with Java - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] How can I create a ntlm-hash with Java - Samba ; Hi i would like to create all my LDAP-Entries with a Java servlet. The only thing that stops me are the ntlm hashes (sambaLMPassword and sambaNTPassword). Can anybody tell me if there are any Java sources that create these values ...

  1. [Samba] How can I create a ntlm-hash with Java

    Hi
    i would like to create all my LDAP-Entries with a Java servlet. The only
    thing that stops me are the ntlm hashes (sambaLMPassword and
    sambaNTPassword). Can anybody tell me if there are any Java sources that
    create these values from a cleartext password or where in the samba
    sources they are calculated so I can port the algorithm to java? I
    searched the net for jacifs, which I heard should have coded that, but
    couldn't find it. It was certainly a bit naiv to think that smbpasswd.c
    would be the source file I needed.
    Can anybody point me to the right source?

    Thanks a lot,
    Malte Müller

  2. Re: [Samba] How can I create a ntlm-hash with Java

    On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 06:35:37PM +0200, M. Mueller wrote:
    > i would like to create all my LDAP-Entries with a Java servlet. The only
    > thing that stops me are the ntlm hashes (sambaLMPassword and
    > sambaNTPassword). Can anybody tell me if there are any Java sources that
    > create these values from a cleartext password or where in the samba
    > sources they are calculated so I can port the algorithm to java? I
    > searched the net for jacifs, which I heard should have coded that, but
    > couldn't find it. It was certainly a bit naiv to think that smbpasswd.c
    > would be the source file I needed.
    > Can anybody point me to the right source?

    If you can live with lgpl'ed code you might look at
    ./jcifs/smb/NtlmPasswordAuthentication.java from the jcifs
    code.

    Volker

+ Reply to Thread