[Samba] win32api call NetFileEnum against samba - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] win32api call NetFileEnum against samba - Samba ; Hi, I'm trying to list open files on a samba server with the win32 api call NetFileEnum(). I have successfully done this against samba 3.0.30-1. I have another samba server (debian version: 3.0.14a-3sarge2) which the call doesn't seem to work ...

  1. [Samba] win32api call NetFileEnum against samba

    Hi,

    I'm trying to list open files on a samba server with the win32 api call
    NetFileEnum(). I have successfully done this against samba 3.0.30-1. I have
    another samba server (debian version: 3.0.14a-3sarge2) which the call
    doesn't seem to work properly against. I get one result for username
    \PIPE\samr even when I have open files on the server. I can list open files
    fine with smbstatus, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with the remote attempt
    to list files. Some more details on the server that is not working properly
    are the only shares on it are guest enabled and world writeable; they are
    public free for all shares. I'm wondering if the functionality I'm
    attempting to use is only available in certain versions of samba or if a
    special option needs to be enabled for it to work though there doesn't
    appear to be comparing the two configuration files against each other.

    Thanks,
    J.P.

  2. Re: [Samba] win32api call NetFileEnum against samba

    On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:19:28PM -0500, J.P. Trosclair wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to list open files on a samba server with the win32 api call
    > NetFileEnum(). I have successfully done this against samba 3.0.30-1. I have
    > another samba server (debian version: 3.0.14a-3sarge2) which the call
    > doesn't seem to work properly against. I get one result for username
    > \PIPE\samr even when I have open files on the server. I can list open files
    > fine with smbstatus, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with the remote attempt
    > to list files. Some more details on the server that is not working properly
    > are the only shares on it are guest enabled and world writeable; they are
    > public free for all shares. I'm wondering if the functionality I'm
    > attempting to use is only available in certain versions of samba or if a
    > special option needs to be enabled for it to work though there doesn't
    > appear to be comparing the two configuration files against each other.

    This is something that Jerry fixed up between 3.0.14 and 3.0.30.

    Jeremy.

  3. RE: [Samba] win32api call NetFileEnum against samba

    Thanks, will look into upgrading samba then.

    J.P.