[Samba] push install software with samba - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] push install software with samba - Samba ; Godo day all, I used to have a book mark for an open source piece of software that could be used in conjunction with samba to push install software (that supported unattended installs) and windows updates (I think). I for ...

  1. [Samba] push install software with samba

    Godo day all,

    I used to have a book mark for an open source piece of software that
    could be used in conjunction with samba to push install software (that
    supported unattended installs) and windows updates (I think). I for
    the life of me can not remember what it is called.

    Does anyone have a URL or two for something like this to work with
    samba?

    Thanks!

    Dnk

  2. Re: [Samba] push install software with samba

    On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:33 PM, dnk wrote:
    > I used to have a book mark for an open source piece of software that could
    > be used in conjunction with samba to push install software (that supported
    > unattended installs) and windows updates (I think). I for the life of me can
    > not remember what it is called.

    Probably http://wpkg.org/

  3. Re: [Samba] push install software with samba

    http://www.wpkg.org

    dnk wrote:
    > Godo day all,
    >
    > I used to have a book mark for an open source piece of software that
    > could be used in conjunction with samba to push install software (that
    > supported unattended installs) and windows updates (I think). I for
    > the life of me can not remember what it is called.
    >
    > Does anyone have a URL or two for something like this to work with samba?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Dnk

  4. Re: [Samba] push install software with samba

    dnk wrote:
    > Godo day all,
    >
    > I used to have a book mark for an open source piece of software that
    > could be used in conjunction with samba to push install software (that
    > supported unattended installs) and windows updates (I think). I for
    > the life of me can not remember what it is called.
    >
    > Does anyone have a URL or two for something like this to work with samba?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Dnk

    http://unattended.sourceforge.net/

    http://unattended-gui.sourceforge.net/

    http://wpkg.org/

    Regards,

    Hugo Monteiro.

    --
    ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

    Hugo Monteiro
    Email : hugo.monteiro@fct.unl.pt
    Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

    Centro de Informática
    Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
    Universidade Nova de Lisboa
    Quinta da Torre 2829-516 Caparica Portugal
    Telefone: +351 212948596 Fax: +351 212948548
    www.ci.fct.unl.pt apoio@fct.unl.pt

    ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _

  5. Re: [Samba] push install software with samba

    another friendly competitor for deploying windows software is opsi, a
    GPL-desktop-management system

    http://www.opsi.org/

    opsi stable version 3.2
    http://download.uib.de/opsi3.2/doku/
    info at http://download.uib.de/opsi3.2/doku/

    opsi version 3.3 release candidate 1 will be announced soon.
    info at http://download.uib.de/opsi3.3/doku/

    Regards,

    Bardo Wolf

    P.S: I hope this is not taken as an abuse of this list for
    advertising