This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba corruption of ADS authentication details? - Samba ; Hi there Our environment: Samba (via winbind) as ADS members of a Windows 2K3-based forest. We've had long-term issues with Samba "losing" access to particular users details for as long as I can remember. Every once and a while a ...
Our environment: Samba (via winbind) as ADS members of a Windows
We've had long-term issues with Samba "losing" access to particular
users details for as long as I can remember. Every once and a while a
user will report they cannot connect to a Samba share, and looking into
it we'd discover the user is showing up in the logs as "no such user",
whereas everyone else appears to be working fine. We set
/etc/nsswitch.conf to use winbind and we'd find "id domain\username"
reporting "no such user" for the affected individual - whereas (again)
it'd work fine for any other account we tried.
Rejoining ADS doesn't help, restarting winbind doesn't help. The only
thing that does, is to delete the entire cache directory (maybe only one
file would do - but I don't know which one) and then rejoin ADS and
restart. That always fixes it. This just happened today under 3.0.30 -
so it's still a problem with the current release.
Is there a tool or something to manipulate/delete individual entries
from "the cache" so that we don't have to go through this whole exercise
Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417
PGP Fingerprint: 7A2E 0407 C9A6 CAF6 2B9F 8422 C063 5EBB FE1D 66D1
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the