Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP - Samba

This is a discussion on Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP - Samba ; Thanks for your answers and sorry for the inappropriate thread title (first time I use mailing lists). My client is a Win XP pro SP2. I've compiled Samba with -DPKINIT option, and created a krb5.conf with the path to the ...

  1. Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

    Thanks for your answers and sorry for the inappropriate thread title
    (first time I use mailing lists).

    My client is a Win XP pro SP2.
    I've compiled Samba with -DPKINIT option, and created a krb5.conf
    with the path to the certificates.
    Maybe my certification authority should be member of the LDAP group
    "cert publishers" ?

    I'm gonna try with alpha 4 release.

    Julien

  2. Re: Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

    On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 13:47 +0200, julien.malaise@fr.thalesgroup.com
    wrote:

    > Thanks for your answers and sorry for the inappropriate thread title
    > (first time I use mailing lists).
    >
    > My client is a Win XP pro SP2.
    > I've compiled Samba with -DPKINIT option

    PKINIT is always enabled, so this changes nothing.

    > , and created a krb5.conf
    > with the path to the certificates.
    > Maybe my certification authority should be member of the LDAP group
    > "cert publishers" ?
    >
    > I'm gonna try with alpha 4 release.

    You might want to try this with an all-linux setup for clients first, to
    resolve which problems are Windows-PKINIT issues, and which are more
    generic (as these can hopefully be solved by the very knowlegable
    Heimdal community).

    Andrew Bartlett

    --
    Andrew Bartlett