Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP - Samba

This is a discussion on Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP - Samba ; Hi, I've been trying to make smartcard logon against a Samba 4 PDC for several days but I found no thread about this. So my question is : is it possible to do smartcard logon with the latest release of ...

  1. Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

    Hi,

    I've been trying to make smartcard logon against a Samba 4 PDC for several
    days but I found no thread about this. So my question is : is it possible to
    do smartcard logon with the latest release of Samba 4 (I use alpha 3) ?

    Kerberos returns this error when I try to log in with the smart card

    KRB_ERR_GENERIC
    e-text = no pa-data found

    Have you got any ideas ?

    Thanks

    Julien

  2. Re: Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

    On Tue 3 Jun 2008 12:28:01 pm julien.malaise@fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to make smartcard logon against a Samba 4 PDC for several
    > days but I found no thread about this. So my question is : is it possible
    > to do smartcard logon with the latest release of Samba 4 (I use alpha 3) ?
    >
    > Kerberos returns this error when I try to log in with the smart card
    >
    > KRB_ERR_GENERIC
    > e-text = no pa-data found
    >
    > Have you got any ideas ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Julien

    I can't speak to your specific problem, but you would probably be well served
    to pull a new snapshot; Alpha 3 is practically ancient at this point (and
    has known bugs that could be directly related)

    Wes

  3. Re: Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

    On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 15:56 -0400, Wes Deviers wrote:
    > On Tue 3 Jun 2008 12:28:01 pm julien.malaise@fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've been trying to make smartcard logon against a Samba 4 PDC for several
    > > days but I found no thread about this. So my question is : is it possible
    > > to do smartcard logon with the latest release of Samba 4 (I use alpha 3) ?

    This has not been tested (yet), except with a file-based PKINIT in the
    testsuite.

    What client are you using?

    > > Kerberos returns this error when I try to log in with the smart card
    > >
    > > KRB_ERR_GENERIC
    > > e-text = no pa-data found
    > >
    > > Have you got any ideas ?

    Look at the setup created by 'make test' - you need to tell Samba's
    Heimdal KDC where to find the CA certificates etc.

    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Julien

    > I can't speak to your specific problem, but you would probably be well served
    > to pull a new snapshot; Alpha 3 is practically ancient at this point (and
    > has known bugs that could be directly related)

    Alpha4 was just released (I'm just waiting for the mail to clear
    moderation):

    Download Details

    The release tarball is available from the following location:
    * http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/...0alpha4.tar.gz

    This release has been signed using GPG with Andrew's GPG key (28B436BB).

    * http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/...alpha4.tar.asc

    --
    Andrew Bartlett
    http://samba.org/~abartlet/