[Samba] windows share vs. linux share access - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] windows share vs. linux share access - Samba ; Hello again, I am seeing something I never thought I would see. I can open a dos prompt on a windows machine and map a drive to the samba server using the ADS authentication and read/write from the share etc. ...

  1. [Samba] windows share vs. linux share access

    Hello again, I am seeing something I never thought I would see.

    I can open a dos prompt on a windows machine and map a drive to the
    samba server using the ADS authentication and read/write from the share etc.

    My problem is if I try to mount the samba share from a linux client I
    receive errors.

    Is there anything special about linux commands such as:
    %> mount -t smbfs -o username=USERNAME //server/share /mnt/samba-share

    According to the logs my authentication is failing for linux clients:
    [ 7066]: pam auth crap domain: [DOMAIN] user: username

    --
    Jas

  2. Re: [Samba] windows share vs. linux share access

    Jason Gerfen wrote:

    > My problem is if I try to mount the samba share from a linux client I
    > receive errors.

    What errors? The full output from the client would be useful.
    > Is there anything special about linux commands such as:
    > %> mount -t smbfs -o username=USERNAME //server/share /mnt/samba-share

    smb is depreciated, use cifs if possible.

    > According to the logs my authentication is failing for linux clients:
    > [ 7066]: pam auth crap domain: [DOMAIN] user: username

    That doesn't look like a failure to me.

    *Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
    michaelh@jaswin.com.au