Problem Samba - Samba

This is a discussion on Problem Samba - Samba ; Hello, I have installed samba on a HPUnix 11.2 In the smb.conf I have configured our domain and set the security = domain When I use from the Unix machine smbclient, I have access to my PC. When I do ...

  1. Problem Samba

    Hello,

    I have installed samba on a HPUnix 11.2

    In the smb.conf I have configured our domain and set the security = domain

    When I use from the Unix machine smbclient, I have access to my PC.

    When I do a mapping from my pc to the Unix machine \\150.251.126.6\homes , I receive following error message :
    There are currently no logon servers availabe to service the logon request.

    What have I forgotten ?

    Many thanks,
    Linda Thienpont
    Bediende ITB
    RENOLIT Belgium NV - IP De Bruwaan 9 - 9700 Oudenaarde - BelgiŽ
    Tel : 0032/55/33.98.11 - Fax : 0032/55/31.60.76
    e-mail : Linda.Thienpont@renolit.com
    www.renolit.com
    BTW BE 0402 185 952 RPR Oudenaarde

  2. Re: Problem Samba

    On Thursday 29 May 2008 07:36:13 Thienpont, Linda wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed samba on a HPUnix 11.2
    >
    > In the smb.conf I have configured our domain and set the security = domain

    Why did you set "security = domain"? If this Samba system is the only server
    on the network, or you want it to be a domain controller that should be set
    to "security = user".

    > When I use from the Unix machine smbclient, I have access to my PC.
    >
    > When I do a mapping from my pc to the Unix machine \\150.251.126.6\homes ,
    > I receive following error message : There are currently no logon servers
    > availabe to service the logon request.
    >

    > What have I forgotten ?

    A little more explanation of your network design might be helpful.

    Cheers,
    John T.

+ Reply to Thread