[Samba] tdb samba and NTFS ACL Support - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] tdb samba and NTFS ACL Support - Samba ; Hi - i was wondering how a ctdb samba (or IBM SOFS) solution provides full NTFS ACLs support? - Is there a specific vfs module which must be loaded? etc... I am in the process of designing a very large ...

  1. [Samba] tdb samba and NTFS ACL Support

    Hi -

    i was wondering how a ctdb samba (or IBM SOFS) solution provides full NTFS
    ACLs support?

    - Is there a specific vfs module which must be loaded? etc...

    I am in the process of designing a very large fileserver within an Active
    directory domain.

    I have seen a SOFS presentation on the web and was wondering if the ctdb
    samba & gpfs

    approach would be an reasonable solution?

    Any information regarding this particular setup would be greatly appreciated

    Best regards,

    Evan

  2. Re: [Samba] tdb samba and NTFS ACL Support

    On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 07:20:38PM +1000, Evan Koutsandreou wrote:
    > i was wondering how a ctdb samba (or IBM SOFS) solution provides full NTFS
    > ACLs support?

    Samba can use the NFSv4 ACLs that a filesystem might
    provide. These are really close to NTFS ACLs. GPFS does so.

    > - Is there a specific vfs module which must be loaded? etc...

    There's a bunch of ctdb/samba/gpfs specific smb.conf
    settings that must be activated for proper operation, you
    might want to contact the IBM SOFS Team for exact details.

    > I am in the process of designing a very large fileserver within an Active
    > directory domain.
    >
    > I have seen a SOFS presentation on the web and was wondering if the ctdb
    > samba & gpfs
    >
    > approach would be an reasonable solution?

    I'd say this is a really good solution, but I'm a bit
    biased, because I've done a lot of work in that area :-)

    Volker

+ Reply to Thread