[Samba] WinXP not creating profile - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] WinXP not creating profile - Samba ; I have just installed a new samba PDC following http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-gut...ncontroller-p2 but my winXP clients don't save their profile. It is created a directory /home/samba/profiles/USER with permission 700 but no file is saved there. The computer I amb testing with was ...

  1. [Samba] WinXP not creating profile

    I have just installed a new samba PDC following
    http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-gut...ncontroller-p2

    but my winXP clients don't save their profile. It is created a
    directory /home/samba/profiles/USER with permission 700 but no file is
    saved there. The computer I amb testing with was in the old samba PDC
    saving the profile with no problem, so I suppose is a samba problem.

    Any hint of what may I be missing?

    My smb.conf seen by testparm is:
    [global]
    workgroup = BARCELONES
    server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
    *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully*
    ..
    passwd chat debug = Yes
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    unix password sync = Yes
    log level = 3
    name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
    printcap name = CUPS
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u' -g users -G users
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
    add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
    add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usernod -G %g %u
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false/ -d
    /var/lib/nobody %u
    logon script = scripts/logon.bat
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
    logon drive = Z:
    domain logons = Yes
    preferred master = Yes
    wins support = Yes
    idmap uid = 15000-20000
    idmap gid = 15000-20000
    template shell = /bin/bash

    [public]
    guest ok = Yes
    available = No

    [homes]
    comment = Home
    valid users = %S
    read only = No
    browseable = No

    [printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    create mask = 0700
    printable = Yes
    browseable = No

    [print$]
    comment = Printer Drivers
    path = /var/lib/samba/printers
    write list = root, @smbadmin

    [netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /home/samba/netlogon
    valid users = %U
    admin users = Administrator
    guest ok = Yes
    share modes = No

    [profiles]
    comment = User profiles
    path = /home/samba/profiles
    valid users = %U
    read only = No
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
    browseable = No

    [Secretaria]
    path = /home/samba/secretaria
    valid users = @secretaria
    force group = secretaria
    read only = No
    directory mask = 0770
    browseable = No

    --
    *La felicitat ha de ser compatible, compartible i cooperativa.
    *Envellim quan els records superen les esperances.

  2. Re: [Samba] WinXP not creating profile

    On 5/28/2008, Lluís (enboig@gmail.com) wrote:
    > [profiles]
    > comment = User profiles
    > path = /home/samba/profiles