[Samba] Samba conncet ldap via socket - Samba

  1. [Samba] Samba conncet ldap via socket

    Hi people, how i connect samba and ldap via socket?

    Att,
    Maiquel

    --

    www.prognus.com.br
    .~.

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba conncet ldap via socket

    maike wrote:
    > Hi people, how i connect samba and ldap via socket?
    >
    > Att,
    > Maiquel

    The following setting works fine for me on a Debian testing system
    and with openLDAP:

    [globals]
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldapi://

    I do not have to specify the name of the socket file, since
    the LDAP server and the LDAP client library are both using the
    same default settings. This condition holds true if the server and
    the client library have been compiled from the same source and
    with the same configuration.

    Furthermore, you have to ensure that slapd opens a socket
    at all. This is not enabled by default.

    I had to add the following to /etc/defaults/slapd:

    SLAPD_SERVICES="ldap:/// ldapi:///"

    The value of SLAPD_SERVICES is passed to slapd as a command-line
    option by the demon startup script.
    --
    Peter Slickers