Hello
I use the backend tdbsam. I have just imported users from smbpasswd
backend
pdbedit -i smbpasswd -e tdbsam

in global section I set
passdb backend = tdbsam

I use policy (pdbedit -P maximum and minimum password age) to change
passwords every three months and when the passwords were changed none of
the files (smbpasswd ,passdb.tdb , secrets.tdb in
/var/lib/samba/private) has not changed eg. date, size, touch !!!

Where samba stored passwords ?

I try to hack passwords so I used old smbpasswd style to printing out
the accounts and passwords
pdbedit -Lw > passwords

I used cisilia password cracker to find out whether passwords are really
changed (in exported file passwords) and I was suprised when I see
that's was all old passwords !!! How it is possible when i applied
password history policy ??
pdbedit - P "password history" -C 3

So how can I check whether passwords are really changed ?? And which
files stores passwords in tdbsam backend ???? How can I export from
tdbsam.tdb (by commandline) passwords to plaintext to find out passwords
was really changed ?

samba version 3.0.28-0.fc7 PDC
security =user