Cannot delete sockets over CIFS - Samba

This is a discussion on Cannot delete sockets over CIFS - Samba ; Hi, I wrote a perl script to generate some open UNIX sockets on the server, and trying to delete them from a CIFS client. I get an "ACCESS DENIED" message on the windows box. I looked though code (samba 3.0.23c) ...

  1. Cannot delete sockets over CIFS

    Hi,

    I wrote a perl script to generate some open UNIX sockets on the server,
    and trying to delete them from a CIFS client. I get an "ACCESS DENIED"
    message on the windows box.

    I looked though code (samba 3.0.23c) and found that samba attempt to
    open the file for all operations that includes read, write and edit. If
    it can open the file, it does the subsequent action, but if it cannot
    then it returns an error message "Operation not Permitted".

    In my case, since it cannot open socket, it cannot delete them.

    Can anybody throw some insight into this problem.

    Thanks.

    Darshan

  2. Re: Cannot delete sockets over CIFS

    On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 03:26:24PM -0700, Darshan Purandare wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wrote a perl script to generate some open UNIX sockets on the server,
    > and trying to delete them from a CIFS client. I get an "ACCESS DENIED"
    > message on the windows box.
    >

    > I looked though code (samba 3.0.23c) and found that samba attempt to
    > open the file for all operations that includes read, write and edit. If
    > it can open the file, it does the subsequent action, but if it cannot
    > then it returns an error message "Operation not Permitted".
    >
    > In my case, since it cannot open socket, it cannot delete them.
    >

    > Can anybody throw some insight into this problem.

    Try Samba 3.2. This needs the posix open capability I think.

    Jeremy.

+ Reply to Thread