[Samba] compile 3.0.28a probs. - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] compile 3.0.28a probs. - Samba ; Hi all, i have some odd errors i never had before, when compiling samba 3.0.28a first i had an error in oplock_linux.c ------------ :37 error: conflicting types for capget /usr/include/sys/capability.h:111 previous declaration of capget was here :39 error: conflicting types ...

  1. [Samba] compile 3.0.28a probs.

    ------------
    :37 error: conflicting types for capget
    /usr/include/sys/capability.h:111 previous declaration of capget was here
    :39 error: conflicting types for capset
    /usr/include/sys/capability.h:110 previous declaration of capset was here
    --------------

    i removed the capset and capget from this linux file, and it continued
    compiling again.
    it was a quick and dirty fix. but still odd. (did i misted a library or
    so ?!?!?)

    after that the make command spit this at me:

    --------------
    mount.cifs.c: in function 'main'
    mount.cifs.c: 1183 : error 'PATH_MAX' undeclared (first use in this
    function)
    --------------

    dunno how to fix it, but what LIBS did i forget to install here.

    it's a fresh install on:

    Fedora core 9
    kernel: 2.6.25.3-18
    gcc - 4.3.0

    Tips ?!?!?!? hints ?!?!? clue's ?!?!?

    Cheers, Collen

  2. Re: [Samba] compile 3.0.28a probs.

    Hallo, Collen,

    Du (collen) meintest am 23.05.08:

    > Hi all, i have some odd errors i never had before, when compiling
    > samba 3.0.28a

    > first i had an error in oplock_linux.c

    > ------------
    > :37 error: conflicting types for capget
    > /usr/include/sys/capability.h:111 previous declaration of capget was
    > here :39 error: conflicting types for capset
    > /usr/include/sys/capability.h:110 previous declaration of capset was
    > here --------------

    May be the behaviour of "capabilities" has changed from older kernels to
    your current kernel.

    Viele Gruesse!
    Helmut

  3. Re: [Samba] compile 3.0.28a probs.

    Yeh that helped (-:

    i was more revering to the :

    mount.cifs.c: in function 'main'
    mount.cifs.c: 1183 : error 'PATH_MAX' undeclared (first use in this
    function)

    still strange that building samba on fedora 9 is broke ?!

    Cheers, Collen