[Samba] Fwd: [Wine] Rosetta Stone again - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Fwd: [Wine] Rosetta Stone again - Samba ; >> > Yes, I can open d:\ in winefile, and everything looks in order there. >> > In fact, I can click on "Autorun.exe", but then it says "Unload the >> > debugger and try again." >> >> >> That's ...

  1. [Samba] Fwd: [Wine] Rosetta Stone again

    >> > Yes, I can open d:\ in winefile, and everything looks in order there.
    >> > In fact, I can click on "Autorun.exe", but then it says "Unload the
    >> > debugger and try again."

    >> That's a copy protection issue.
    >>

    > After some investigating, I discovered that the Rosetta Stone language
    > pack CDs use SafeDisc for copy protection. What is the status of
    > SafeDisc support in wine?

    I am not sure if this can be officially fixed with wine at all. The
    problem is that the copy protection (correctly) thinks that wine is a
    debugger and prevents the application executing under wine. This
    debugger check is a safegaurd to prevent users from debugging the
    executable to find a way to remove the protection.

    John

    --
    John M. Drescher

  2. [Samba] Re: [Wine] Rosetta Stone again

    Sorry. I accidentally sent this to the wrong list.

    John