[Samba] Compatibility question - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Compatibility question - Samba ; Hi, I am currently using Samba on Solaris 8 and we are about to migrate to Solaris 10. Does Samba work on Sol 10 and if so what version do I require? Thanks David Nicholls Senior Market Data Analyst RBS ...

  1. [Samba] Compatibility question

    Hi,
    I am currently using Samba on Solaris 8 and we are about to migrate to Solaris 10. Does Samba work on Sol 10 and if so what version do I require?

    Thanks

    David Nicholls
    Senior Market Data Analyst
    RBS Global Banking & Markets
    135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3UR
    Office: +44 20 7085 1654

    ************************************************** *********************************
    The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

    systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
    Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
    Visit our websites at:
    www.rbs.com
    www.rbs.com/gbm
    www.rbsgc.com

  2. Re: [Samba] Compatibility question

    Hi David

    your are obviously free to compile you own build of SAMBA, but Sun ships
    a Sun supported build of SAMBA with Solaris 10 which includes Active
    Directory support.

    There is some related, and hopefully useful, information in these blogs:

    http://blogs.sun.com/jurasek/entry/a...member_server1
    http://blogs.sun.com/timthomas/en_GB/category/SAMBA

    Rgds

    Tim

    NICHOLLS, Dave, GBM said the following :
    > Hi,
    > I am currently using Samba on Solaris 8 and we are about to migrate to Solaris 10. Does Samba work on Sol 10 and if so what version do I require?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > David Nicholls
    > Senior Market Data Analyst
    > RBS Global Banking & Markets
    > 135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3UR
    > Office: +44 20 7085 1654
    >

    > ************************************************** *********************************
    > The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
    > Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
    >
    > This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the
    > addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other
    > than the addressee, please return the message to the sender
    > by replying to it and then delete the message from your
    > computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The
    > Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for
    > changes made to this message after it was sent.
    >
    > Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the
    > transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
    > ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this
    > message and any attachments will not adversely affect its
    > systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
    > Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
    > out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.
    > Visit our websites at:
    > www.rbs.com
    > www.rbs.com/gbm
    > www.rbsgc.com