[Samba] LDAP Samba Schema - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] LDAP Samba Schema - Samba ; Hi I am trying to use Postfix to expand the members of the LDAP Samba groups. Because of the Samba groups have only the uid of the member (memberUid), not the full dn (memberdn or uniquemember), the expansion for use ...

  1. [Samba] LDAP Samba Schema

    Hi

    I am trying to use Postfix to expand the members of the LDAP Samba
    groups. Because of the Samba groups have only the uid of the member
    (memberUid), not the full dn (memberdn or uniquemember), the expansion
    for use in Postfix cannot be done. Mi question is if Samba (with
    smbldap-tools) is able to store the full dn of the members in the
    group attributes (i have read about rfc2307bis.schema, or
    samba3.schema, but no much information), so Samba, LDAP and Postfix
    could live together.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: [Samba] LDAP Samba Schema

  3. RE: [Samba] LDAP Samba Schema

    go setup your samba server for use with ldapadmin
    http://ldapadmin.sourceforge.net/

    FeaturesBrowsing and editing of LDAP directories
    Recursive operations on directory trees (copy, move and delete)
    Binary attribute support
    Schema browsing
    Renaming of LDAP Entries
    LDIF export and import
    Password management (supports crypt, md5, sha1)
    Management of Posix Groups and Accounts
    Management of Samba Accounts
    Postfix MTA Support
    LDAP SSL support (using Windows API)