Re: [Samba] adding users to group with net rpc - Samba

This is a discussion on Re: [Samba] adding users to group with net rpc - Samba ; > What version of Samba are you running? I don't even know how to check that ashamed to say... > What do you mean by this? How did you do this? well, i gather this because of the following 3 ...

  1. Re: [Samba] adding users to group with net rpc

    > What version of Samba are you running?

    I don't even know how to check that ashamed to say...

    > What do you mean by this? How did you do this?

    well, i gather this because of the following 3 reasons:

    1) the following command shows the correct Windows groups mapped
    to their corresponding posix group accounts.

    root# net rpc groupmap list

    2) the Windows Domain Users group is mapped to the posix users
    group which is shown with the above command. all my user accounts
    belong to the users group.

    3) the following commands shows the correct Windows group (Domain
    Users) for each particular user (as i already stated).

    root# net rpc user info billybob

    4) posix user accounts all correspond to their smbpasswd accounts.

    > OK. What is the output of?:

    > pdbedit -Lw root

    i'll answer this tomorrow when i'm back at work

    thanks for you help and please bear with me, i'm new at this

  2. Re: [Samba] adding users to group with net rpc

    On Monday 19 May 2008 05:09:45 pm Leandro Tracchia wrote:
    > > What version of Samba are you running?

    > I don't even know how to check that ashamed to say...

    smbd -V

    - John T.

    --
    John H Terpstra
    Samba-Team Member

    Author:
    The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
    Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
    Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
    Other books in production.