[Samba] XP is very slow to access Samba - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] XP is very slow to access Samba - Samba ; I have a linux sever running it is version 2.6.20-2936.fc7xen. The samba version is Version 3.0.27-0.fc7. My problem is XP and Windows 2k Machines connect very slow to the mapped drives. It does not matter if they are connected as ...

  1. [Samba] XP is very slow to access Samba

    I have a linux sever running it is version 2.6.20-2936.fc7xen. The
    samba version is Version 3.0.27-0.fc7. My problem is XP and Windows 2k
    Machines connect very slow to the mapped drives. It does not matter if
    they are connected as the IP (\\192.168.100.32\*) or a mapped drive in
    the Windows Host file (Sambasales\*). Has anyone else had these
    problems, and if so what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance,

    Yvon

  2. Re: [Samba] XP is very slow to access Samba

    I've once had a dead DNS server listed in my resolv.conf on the Samba
    server which was causing exactly this problem. The dead server was a
    local one which had had it's address changed. Try checking your listed
    DNS servers if you have any, make sure they are all alive and the server
    can access them.

    try:

    dig google.com @mylistedDNSserver.com

    from the Samba server.