hello list,

thanks for the great piece of software now to my problem:

i setup samba long time ago with Version 3.0.14a-Debian. Now i want to
put my samba server into a fax gateway.

i create a printcap entry like the following:

fax:\
:lp=/dev/null:\
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/faxlp:\
:if=/usr/local/bin/sambafax:\
:sh:sf:mx#0:

and add a referring entry stanza into smb.conf

[fax]
comment = Fax-Server
print command = lpr -P%p %f
path = /var/spool/fax
printable = yes
force user = lp
read only = no
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes

Now, if i try to add the share fax as a printer port on my windows xp
clients, a problem comes up:

i can connect to the server and view the shared printer but i can't
add \\servername\share as a new port - i always get "Der angegebene
Anschluss konnte nicht hinzugefügt werden. Der Vorgang konnte nicht
abgeschlossen werden" which means the specified port can't be added -
the task can't be completed.

please see the log file[1] http://rafb.net/p/pBKywS41.html

Any help is greatly appreciated

Best regards