[Samba] Unable to join Samba - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Unable to join Samba - Samba ; hope I'm in the right place, I trying to join a samba server to Active Directory. Samba server FreeBSD 6.2 the Active Directory machine is running Windows 2008 Server When I execute "net ads join -U Administrator" I get the ...

  1. [Samba] Unable to join Samba

    hope I'm in the right place, I trying to join a samba server to Active Directory.
    Samba server FreeBSD 6.2
    the Active Directory machine is running Windows 2008 Server

    When I execute "net ads join -U Administrator" I get the following error

    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.8: Undefined symbol "init_error_table"

    does any body know how to fix this error? If I execute "net rpc join -U Administrator"
    I get a "Join domain lab"

    here is the smb.conf located in FreeBSD /usr/local/etc/

    [global]
    Netbios Name = ROCK
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind gid = 10000-20000
    workgroup = LAB
    os level = 20
    winbind enum groups = yes
    socket address = 192.168.124.23
    password server = *
    preferred master = no
    winbind separator = +
    max log size = 50
    log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
    encrypt passwords = yes
    dns proxy = no
    realm = lab.net
    security = ADS
    wins server = 192.168.124.23
    wins proxy = no

    [homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    valid users = %S
    read only = NO
    browseable = yes
    writable = yes
    create mask = 0777
    admin users = Administrator

    [test]
    comment = TestingADintegration
    browseable = yes
    writeable = yes
    path = /home/usr
    inherit acls = yes
    inherit permissions = yes
    directory mask = 700
    valid users = @"lab.net+SSCSusers"
    admin users = @"lab.net+Administrator"

    Please help?
    Thanks, in advance!
    - Augustin

  2. RE: [Samba] Unable to join Samba

    On 5/15/08 Augustin wrote:
    When I execute "net ads join -U Administrator" I get the following error
    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.8: Undefined symbol
    "init_error_table"

    It sounds like you're missing some libraries. Did you compile krb5
    yourself or is it an rpm? If you compiled it yourself, you'll need to
    modify the configure or makefile scripts to point to the correct
    libraries. Also make sure you have the necessary devel libraries before
    you compile.

    As another check, run ldd on winbind and make sure you have all the
    library files listed.

    Matt

  3. Re: [Samba] Unable to join Samba

    recompile samba?