--===============0061615942==

--nextPart2322527.uQ4Wh0QiGr

Hi,

I'm experiencing a very annoying and strange behaviour with Samba since qui=
te=20
some time (I guess like 2 months now or so): When I write to a share speeds=
=20
are quite excellent with up to 60 Mbyte/sec, however when I want to read=20
speeds are under a megabyte per second, mostly even below 300 kb/s which is=
=20
rather unacceptable in my opinion.

I went through the "usual suspects" - I did a purge and reinstall, starting=
=20
out with a minimal smb.conf, played around with the send and receive buffer=
,=20
nothing helped.

Well, now for the (in my opinion) really weird part: When I put load on my =
CPU=20
(e.g. via a simple python "while True: pass") the sending speed goes up to=
=20
about 20 Mb/sec. As soon as I kill the load-generating process the speed=20
instantly drops to the mentioned ~300 kb/s.

Other protocols (http, ftp) don't show this behaviour. Any possible help is=
=20
greatly appreciated!

Michael

=2D-=20