Hi -

We run Samba 3.0.24 on Linux to provide a shared drive for DiskXtender =
(archiving/backup software),
which copies/moves files from Win2003 to our share.

It works fine, but we've had one problem recently :
DiskXtender complained that "File Thumbs.db cannot be moved because the =
media ARCHIVE does not support named streams."
ARCHIVE is our shared drive. As I understand, Thumbs.db has Alternate =
Data Streams and our Samba server doesn't support named streams,
but shouldn't we be still able to just copy/move the file?
How would a client know that Samba doesn't support named streams, which =
calls are used to determine that?
Are they exposed at VFS module level?

Thanks,
Sergey=20

Come visit us!!

SIIM 08, May 15th-18th 2008, Booth #314, Washington State Covention and =
Trade Center, Seattle WA
Amerinet Member Conferences:
West - May 5th-9th, Marriott Rivercenter, San Antonio TX
East - June 16th-19th, Walt Disney World Dolphin, Orlando FL