[Samba] Planning to start a new server - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Planning to start a new server - Samba ; Hi, I have a samba server which act as file/print/wins server and PDC with ldap backend & ACL support (samba-3.0.23). I plan to start a new server which replace the old one. My question is about the samba version, my ...

  1. [Samba] Planning to start a new server

    Hi,

    I have a samba server which act as file/print/wins server and PDC with
    ldap backend & ACL support (samba-3.0.23).
    I plan to start a new server which replace the old one.

    My question is about the samba version, my first advice is the use
    samba-3.0.28a.
    But maybe is preferable to wait samba 3.2.0.

    What type of bugs samba-3.0.28a have ?
    The new sever will act as samba/print server and PDC with ldap backend &
    ACL support .
    wins server will be on other servers (samba4wins)

    thanks

    Stéphane Purnelle

  2. Re: [Samba] Planning to start a new server

    hi,

    El Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:34:26 +0200
    stephane.purnelle@corman.be ha escrit:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a samba server which act as file/print/wins server and PDC
    > with ldap backend & ACL support (samba-3.0.23).
    > I plan to start a new server which replace the old one.
    >
    > My question is about the samba version, my first advice is the use
    > samba-3.0.28a.
    > But maybe is preferable to wait samba 3.2.0.
    >
    > What type of bugs samba-3.0.28a have ?

    i'm using 3.0.24 on SLES 10 because the following ACL-related problems
    on 3.0.28

    http://www.nabble.com/ACL-strange-be...d16495631.html

    good luck!

    toni

    > The new sever will act as samba/print server and PDC with ldap
    > backend & ACL support .
    > wins server will be on other servers (samba4wins)
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Stéphane Purnelle

  3. Re: [Samba] Planning to start a new server

    have you tried (if possible) samba-3.0.28a ?

    I can read in change log :
    Fix ACL set bug when group being set is the primary group.

    I don't use the windows ACL management, I have a modified webmin file
    manager for manage ACL.

    thanks

    Stéphane

    Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle@corman.be
    Service Informatique Corman S.A. Tel : 00 32 087/342467

    samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be@lists.samba.or g a écrit sur
    28/04/2008 16:15:16 :