[Samba] XP SP2 not running sambaLogonScript: - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] XP SP2 not running sambaLogonScript: - Samba ; I can't get my Windows PCs to run sambaLogonScript: as declared in openldap 2.3.39 and samba 3.0.28a. In LDAP for a user I have: sambaLogonScript: \\tester\netlogon\scripts\testersamba.bat but when I log in as the user, the script is not ran. I ...

  1. [Samba] XP SP2 not running sambaLogonScript:

    I can't get my Windows PCs to run sambaLogonScript: as declared in
    openldap 2.3.39 and samba 3.0.28a. In LDAP for a user I have:

    sambaLogonScript: \\tester\netlogon\scripts\testersamba.bat

    but when I log in as the user, the script is not ran. I can run it
    manually by clicking start, run, and pasting
    \\tester\netlogon\scripts\testersamba.bat and it runs fine, but it just
    won't run it during log in. A log level = 10 and grep \.bat
    /var/log/samba/* reveals nothing.

  2. Re: [Samba] XP SP2 not running sambaLogonScript:

    Hallo, Adam,

    Du (awilliam) meintest am 25.04.08:

    > I can't get my Windows PCs to run sambaLogonScript: as declared in
    > openldap 2.3.39 and samba 3.0.28a. In LDAP for a user I have:

    > sambaLogonScript: \\tester\netlogon\scripts\testersamba.bat

    Script name: without path
    The path is defined in [netlogon]

    Viele Gruesse!
    Helmut

  3. Re: [Samba] XP SP2 not running sambaLogonScript:

    You might also disable offline files on the Windows PC. I've seen where
    this will cache a copy of the NETLOGON share, and then run the cached
    copy (if it exists) rather than the recently modified real one. I've
    also seen where it doesn't run the script because the cache copy of
    NETLOGON doesn't contain the file (even though the real NETLOGON does).

    Jonathan Johnson
    www.backupcheckup.com

    Helmut Hullen wrote:
    > Hallo, Adam,
    >
    > Du (awilliam) meintest am 25.04.08:
    >
    >> I can't get my Windows PCs to run sambaLogonScript: as declared in
    >> openldap 2.3.39 and samba 3.0.28a. In LDAP for a user I have:
    >>
    >> sambaLogonScript: \\tester\netlogon\scripts\testersamba.bat
    >>

    > Script name: without path
    > The path is defined in [netlogon]

  4. Re: [Samba] XP SP2 not running sambaLogonScript:

    yeah, its kind of weird, i couldn't get the XP computer to join the
    domain with the BDC as the WINS server, but it joined the domain fine
    with the PDC set as the WINS server. and the logon script now loads
    fine off of the BDC like I want, but you'd think it would load off of
    the PDC since its the WINS server and where it's getting its netlogon
    info from, right?

    in LDAP:

    sambaProfilePath: \\tester\profiles\testersamba
    sambaHomePath: \\tester\testersamba
    sambaLogonScript: scripts\testersamba.bat
    sambaHomeDrive: R:

    the PDC is named roark, tester is the BDC. in PDC's smb.conf:

    logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
    logon script = scripts\%U.bat
    logon drive = R:
    logon home = \\roark\%U