On 4/24/08 11:53 AM, "Jeremy Allison" wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:53:58AM -0700, Brian D. McGrew wrote:
>=20
>> A couple of my users use Solidworks which creates temp files that loo=

k like
>=20
>> ~$drawing_name.sldrw in the directory that they=B9re opened in.

>=20
>>=20

>=20
>> I=B9ve changed permissions till I=B9m blue in the face and can not=

get this
>=20
>> program to clean up it=B9s temp files. Whenever a user goes back int=

o a
>=20
>> drawing they get permission denied on the temp files. This problem=

does not
>=20
>> happen when the files are hosted on a genuine Windows server.

>=20
>>=20

>=20
>> What should I go look at?

>=20
>=20
>=20
> Can you get a comparatve wireshark trace of app vs. Samba and app
>=20
> vs. Windows server ?

-----

I can't really do a wireshark test right now, but I'll to configure one
tomorrow or something. What I do know is that the Unix permissions on=
the
files that can't be deleted from/by Windows are -rw-rwxrw-+

Did I miss something here??? I'd rather see them 777 than something like
that??? What is the + at the end??? How can I just force Samba to make=
the
permissions 777?

-brian