OpenE running Samba. Accessible from WinXP (for instance) no problem. Windows 2003/SP2 however, I fail with auth errors. I have network traces on both ends; connection is established no problem and the correct username passes over, but no joy in Mudville. Iíve tried every combination of domain\user, user@domain, etc, I can think of. Iíve already used secpol.msc to downgrade the NTLM level Ė none of them work. Iím pretty much at the end of my rope here.

Humbly asking for a dummyís version of how to make this work.

Checked by AVG.