Sorry for not responding in a long time, I been really busy these days.

To kill the process, I use "kill -9 " as root =
it do nothing, no error message and the process still run.

I found the possible source of this problem : each night we have a =
server (running opensuse 10.3) that connect to the file server (mount -t
cifs ...) copy the files on his own hard drive, umount the share and =
start transferring the files on tapes. When I check the swat status page =
the morning and "ps aux | greo smbd", I got like 20 process or more =
for the backup server file transfer and all those process can't be kill =
"sudo kill -9 pid". From this point some smbd process, that are created =
normal user use, can't die either and keeps lock on files. One night, I
shutdown the backup server and the next day every thing was working
normally, no unkillable process.

Thank you,

Mathieu Beaudoin
Responsable des T.I.