> If you're running reiserfs, you probably corrupted the /var/lib/samba db

Indeed. The problem was with idmap_cache.tdb file.
Deleted it, restart winbind and everything comes nice again.

> files. Have you tried a fsck? Even if you're not running reiserfs, it
> can't help after a hard halt. Also, a small UPS with Network UPS Tools
> (NUT) comes in very handy for sudden power downs!

The problem was that. We have one UPS but this time the
graceful shutdow didn't work

Thanks in advance,

Escola Superior de Enfermagem do Porto
Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida
4200-072 Porto - Portugal
Tel: +351 22 5073500 - Fax: +351 22 5096337