[Samba] (no subject) - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] (no subject) - Samba ; Hello Samba, We are using Samba/CIFS hp-ux server connecting to Windows ADS and try to create keytab file using net ads create keytab -u Administrator ,but it is unable to create keytab file in the /etc/directory. Please see the attached ...

  1. [Samba] (no subject)

    Hello Samba,

    We are using Samba/CIFS hp-ux server connecting to Windows ADS and try
    to create keytab file using

    net ads create keytab -u Administrator ,but it is unable to create
    keytab file in the /etc/directory.

    Please see the attached output file for your reference.

    Appreciate your help!!

    Sudheer Radhakrishnan / Capgemini
    North America P&C / East Business Unit
    Unix Support / Hosting
    Mobile: 508 769 2371 http://www.capgemini.com/

    Fax: 508.229.2013
    45 Bartlett Street / Marlborough, Ma 01752
    Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

    This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
    intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
    read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message

  2. Re: [Samba] (no subject)

    Hi Sudheer,

    Although your particular case is fixed already, I'll reply here for
    completeness to the list.

    HP-UX requires a special tweak to the /etc/krb5.conf file in order to
    create a keytab file - the addition of the "WRFILE" parameter. This is
    fully explained in the "HP CIFS Server and Kerberos" whitepaper, located
    here:

    http://www.docs.hp.com/en/7213/HPCIFSKerberosV103.pdf

    Eric Roseme