[Samba] my samba hangs for 60 seconds - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] my samba hangs for 60 seconds - Samba ; Hi, my samba hangs for 60 seconds and then work like normal. Why? Not able to find any reason..please help me. [global] encrypt passwords = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192 max log size = 0 volume = Fedroa ...

  1. [Samba] my samba hangs for 60 seconds

    Hi, my samba hangs for 60 seconds and then work like normal. Why? Not able
    to find any reason..please help me.

    [global]

    encrypt passwords = yes
    max log size = 0
    volume = Fedroa

    map to guest = Bad user
    security = share
    workgroup = xxx
    server string = PD
    netbios name = xxxx
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    # guest account = smbguest
    # smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    hosts allow = 192.168.1., 127.
    send file = no
    readwrite = no

    [home]
    comment = Home
    path= /data/home
    browseable = yes
    read only = no
    writable = yes
    public = yes

  2. RE: [Samba] my samba hangs for 60 seconds

    First try setting your network interface to a fixed setting.
    with ethtool
    check your settings with ethtool eth(0/1)
    here some tips to set it fixed.
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/tag/ethtool

    Louis