--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:00:22AM +0200, Bj=F6rn Jacke wrote:
> > in case this is set explicitly. If no explicit ldap timeout
> > is set, I agree that a shorter connect timeout has benefits,
> > but I don't want to change behaviour for those who
> > consciously did set that parameter to something.

>=20
> why don't you want to change the default here especially if the=20
> proposed default is obviously more useful?

We have to distinguish two cases:

First case: The user has no "ldap timeout" explicitly set in
the smb.conf. In this case, I fully agree that the new
parameters kick in setting in particular the much shorter
ldap connection timeout.

Second case: The user has an explicit "ldap timeout" set. In
this case, that user has apparently had some reason to do
so. In this case, I would like both new parameters to
default to what the user explicitly set, because having that
explicit parameter was a conscious decision. We should mark
"ldap timeout" as deprecated then, pointing out the new
parameters in the documentation.

Volker

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--