Steve Francia schrieb:

> DFS in samba seems like a good approach, but doesn't it depend on a
> clustered file system for replication? Am I missing something here?

DFS lets your users see the shares of different servers as directories
within a single share. So you could make a share on either side of your
connected networks and within these shares you could add a link to the
other network's share. For your users this would look like a normal
directory within the local share. This is not really a "distributed
filesystem", I guess.

If you need a real distributed filesystem, you could have a look a
something like http://www.openafs.org/ .

byes,
Uwe