No? Then how do you say we must do? Because I also tried to do that
from Windows, and it doesn't work... I mean... right click on my pc
and "add machine to domain"... and still doesn't work :S

Quoting myself form:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ry/138639.html

> The linux server is the host called "xxxx" and the windows client is
> the host "enano"
>
> When I try to join the domain "JOME" from Windows, I am prompted for a
> user that has permission to create "things" in the domain. I fill the
> textboxes with "root" and the "rootpass", and in the samba.log file of
> the server (if the debug level is 2 or higher), it appears:
> "authentication for user [root] -> [root] -> [root] succeeded". After
> this, the machine (enano$) is properly created (if doesn't exist) in
> the Ldap schema (a new entry called enano$ appears in
> ou=3DHosts,dc=3Djome) as shown in the diagram above.The thing is that
> everything seems to be fine until in the windows machine a "error
> window dialog" appears with a very ugly red signal, saying ("username
> not found"). I think it must be something wrong with the user "root",
> because if I try a username that is really non-existent (john, for
> instance) or if I mistype the password, the message that appears in
> windows is different (in my computer appears in Spanish, but it's
> something like "session starting error: username not found or wrong
> password")... I've tried to put a higher debug level in samba
> (smb.conf-> debug level=3D3) and between several other messages, it
> appears:
> [2008/02/22 15:33:37, 3] passdb/pdb_interface.cdb_default_create_user(3=

54)
> pdb_default_create_user: failed to create a new user structure:
> NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

2008/4/2, Christopher Perry :
> the problem, as it turns out, is that you can't expect the command line t=

o add the sambaSamAccount objectClass. the only way to get that added is by=
adding the windows machine to the domain, and samba will create that objec=
t class using the script. it must pass something magical to the script.

> don't ask me why, it seems counter intuitive.
>

> Hector Blanco wrote:
>
> > Shouldn't it? I mean...Taking a look to the output produced by
> > "smbldap-useradd -?" it says "-w is a windows machine account
> > (otherwise, posix stuff only)" or something similar... I don't have
> > the exact output right now.
> >
> > As far as I understand, it should add all the Samba stuff needed for =

Windows.

> > And I'm having the same (or similar) problems...
> >
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ry/138442.html
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ry/138639.html
> > http://lists-archives.org/samba/3616...-question.html
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ch/139288.html
> >
> > Well... at least I think they can be similar... Maybe I'm just really
> > wrong and each time than someone is experiencing problems adding a
> > Windows machine to an Ldap server, I keep saying "Me too, me too!!..."
> > although they are actually different problems... I hope not...
> >

> > 2008/4/1, stephane.purnelle@corman.be :
> >
> > > Samba will add sambaSAMAccount when you add the workstation to the d=

omain.
> > > sambaldaptools not add the samba shema for that.
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------
> > > St=E9phane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle@corma=

n.be
> > > Service Informatique Corman S.A. Tel : 00 32 087/34=

2467

> > > samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=3Dcorman.be@lists.samba. org a =E9cr=

it sur
> > > 01/04/2008 16:17:13 :