Hi,

I'm running winbind (3.0.28a) on SLES9 with heimdal Kerberos. Everything =
works fine so far. Now i need to have the host keytab generated by =
winbind to be in the default /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab in order to use nfs =
with kerberos security. The problem is i have set the parameter in =
smb.conf:

use kerberos keytabe =3D true

and as mentioned in man smb.conf i have set in krb5.conf

default_keytab_name =3D FILE:/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab

after a "net join ads" the krb5.keytab file is not created? do i have to =
create it myself? Is this not really implemented? What am I doing wrong?

Help would be really apreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Oliver Weinmann
Unix/Linux Administrator

VEGA IT GmbH
Europaplatz 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
Germany
Tel : +49 (0) 6151 8257 744
Fax : +49 (0)6151 8257-799
Email : oliver.weinmann@vega.de
Web : www.vega-group.com

Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB No. 4096, Managing =
Directors/Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Philip Cartmell, Susan Bygrave, John =
Lewis

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains =
information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. =
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the =
addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. =
If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender =
immediately.