[Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED - Samba ; I'm stumped. Same configuration in Debian sarge with kernel 2.4 works fine, however, with kernel 2.6, breaks. boddingtons2:/var# smbclient -U THREESPOT+mgonzalez //10.0.6.41/www -c 'ls' Password: Domain=[THREESPOT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.24] tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED /etc/samba/smb.conf [global] workgroup = THREESPOT server string ...

  1. [Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

    I'm stumped. Same configuration in Debian sarge with
    kernel 2.4 works fine, however, with kernel 2.6,
    breaks.

    boddingtons2:/var# smbclient -U THREESPOT+mgonzalez //10.0.6.41/www -c 'ls'
    Password:
    Domain=[THREESPOT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.24]
    tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

    /etc/samba/smb.conf

    [global]
    workgroup = THREESPOT
    server string = boddingtons2

    password server = 10.0.6.13
    realm = THREESPOT.COM

    wins support = no
    wins server = 10.0.6.13
    dns proxy = no
    name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast

    log level =3

    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    syslog = 0

    security = ads
    encrypt passwords = true
    # passdb backend = tdbsam guest This is the only that changes from
    the 2.4 sarge configuration, running it with guest support gives me a core

    passdb backend = tdbsam

    obey pam restrictions = no
    invalid users = root
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
    *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .

    socket options = TCP_NODELAY

    winbind separator = +
    winbind use default domain = true
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    # template homedir = /home/%D/%u
    template shell = /bin/bash

    load printers = No

    #======================= Share Definitions =======================

    [www]
    comment = Apache2 webroot
    path = /var/www
    writable = yes
    read only = no
    admin users = THREESPOT+3SpotAdmin
    valid users = THREESPOT+Technology
    create mask=0777
    directory mask=0777
    force user = samba
    force group = samba

  2. Re: [Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

    Miguel Gonzalez Castaņos wrote:
    > I'm stumped. Same configuration in Debian sarge with
    > kernel 2.4 works fine, however, with kernel 2.6,
    > breaks.
    >
    > boddingtons2:/var# smbclient -U THREESPOT+mgonzalez //10.0.6.41/www -c 'ls'
    > Password:
    > Domain=[THREESPOT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.24]
    > tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
    >

    > /etc/samba/smb.conf
    >
    > [global]
    > workgroup = THREESPOT
    > server string = boddingtons2
    >
    > password server = 10.0.6.13
    > realm = THREESPOT.COM
    >
    > wins support = no
    > wins server = 10.0.6.13
    > dns proxy = no
    > name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
    >
    > log level =3
    >
    > log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    > max log size = 1000
    > syslog = 0
    > panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
    >
    > security = ads
    > encrypt passwords = true
    > # passdb backend = tdbsam guest This is the only that changes from
    > the 2.4 sarge configuration, running it with guest support gives me a core

    At best, the reason for the core dump is samba is looking for a backend
    called "guest". You could make a case for samba to be more graceful
    about backends that don't exist, but that's it.

    At this point, I'd run "pdbedit -L -v|less" and check the accounts
    didn't get corrupted from the abnormal terminations.

    Regards, Doug