[Samba] symlink on Linux vs. Windows clients - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] symlink on Linux vs. Windows clients - Samba ; First suggestion - hardlink - I do not know how to do it on Debian system (Sarge - oldstable). The system doesn't allow this "follow symlinks" option is enabled by default - I do not disble it. By the way ...

  1. [Samba] symlink on Linux vs. Windows clients

    First suggestion - hardlink - I do not know how to do it on Debian system
    (Sarge - oldstable). The system doesn't allow this

    "follow symlinks" option is enabled by default - I do not disble it. By
    the way I'm tried to put it in my smb.conf - in share [homes] and in
    [global] - also change this in smb.conf of clients - but nothing was
    change

    windows/DOS clients are follows symlinks but Linux clients not. Linux
    clients shows that the symlinks points to nowhere - the points are doen't
    exists on client box(es) - obviously.

  2. Re: [Samba] symlink on Linux vs. Windows clients

    On Friday 15 February 2008, tovis wrote:
    > windows/DOS clients are follows symlinks but Linux clients not. Linux
    > clients shows that the symlinks points to nowhere - the points are
    > doen't exists on client box(es) - obviously.

    Answered, I believe, by Michael Heydon earlier: disable unix extensions.

    --
    Chris