[Samba] smaba + ldap + privilages - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] smaba + ldap + privilages - Samba ; Dear all I have smb+ ldap setup not everything is fine but i want to assign some right to perticuler Group so they can change TCP/IP properties and change system time and do some other right Is it possible to ...

  1. [Samba] smaba + ldap + privilages

    Dear all

    I have smb+ ldap setup not everything is fine but i want to assign some right to perticuler Group so they can change TCP/IP properties and change system time and do some other right

    Is it possible to give some privilages to normal users ???

    $ cat ~/satish/url.txt

    http://www.linuxbug.org
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

  2. Re: [Samba] smaba + ldap + privilages

    Hi.

    If I understand well, you mean a user logged to a windows wortstation, be
    able to do some stuff than a basic users, ifthat's your question the answer
    is yes, you can achieve that by , when adding a user, specify which group
    he/she will belong.
    I do not know which sitro you are using, but samba has nice command line
    tools to do so that come with the samba-doc, or samba-tools package, do not
    know which distro or tools youl'll be using to admin your PDC, but you can
    do that, I user webmin or phpldapadmin.

    Then you mention to do that with the normal user permissions, I guess you
    are referring to the common chmod+chown commands, thst's not possible as far
    as I know, BUT, you can set up and refine permissions using the file system
    ACL to allow/disallow acces to some folders for example, but most of it can
    be done from the samba configuration file, wher you can play how a group or
    a user can access a share.

    Hope this helps.
    CU

    2008/1/29, satish patel :