[Samba] Samba Administrator account for XP - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba Administrator account for XP - Samba ; Dear all I have install samba + ldap and it is successfully joing the domain but problem is when i login in XP machine with Administrator account of samba i cannot change anything in XP even not system time so ...

  1. [Samba] Samba Administrator account for XP

    Dear all

    I have install samba + ldap and it is successfully joing the domain but problem is when i login in XP machine with Administrator account of samba i cannot change anything in XP even not system time so is it problem of privileges ??

    $ cat ~/satish/url.txt

    http://www.linuxbug.org
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

  2. [Samba] Re: Samba Administrator account for XP

    satish patel wrote:
    > Dear all
    >
    > I have install samba + ldap and it is successfully joing the domain but problem is when i login in XP machine with Administrator account of samba i cannot change anything in XP even not system time so is it problem of privileges ??

    Get a copy of MS's ifmember.exe and issue it with the /list switch while logged into Windows with a domain account. That will show you which groups you are a member of on the domain and local
    workstation. Likely you have something amiss in the group mapping area.

    I cover that sort of thing in my Samba presentation:
    "Samba 3 PDC for Windows Clients and Samba 3 Book Review"
    http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/pub/...s/iccm2007.pdf

    Start on page 7 of the presentation. I do not use LDAP in this presentation, so the EXACT solution will be different in your case.

    --
    Michael Lueck
    Lueck Data Systems