[Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt! - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt! - Samba ; I added myself into OpenLDAP and deleted my user account from /etc/passwd. Now samba complains in the log file: Jan 25 10:17:56 roark smbd[2767]: build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt! username awilliam with uid 511 is not in unix passwd database! ...

  1. [Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt!

    I added myself into OpenLDAP and deleted my user account from
    /etc/passwd. Now samba complains in the log file:

    Jan 25 10:17:56 roark smbd[2767]: build_sam_account: smbpasswd
    database is corrupt! username awilliam with uid 511 is not in unix
    passwd database!

    however, I'm resolving my awilliam with nss_ldap, so I can ssh and su -l
    awilliam fine. so shouldn't samba be able to get the user awilliam w/
    uid 511 out of ldap via nss_ldap instead of looking for it directly in
    /etc/passwd?

  2. Re: [Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt!

    Just taking a stab at this but did you modify nsswitch.conf to look in the
    LDAP server. I believe this is where you would set it to look for
    authentication info other than "files"

    >I added myself into OpenLDAP and deleted my user account from /etc/passwd.
    >Now samba complains in the log file:
    >
    > Jan 25 10:17:56 roark smbd[2767]: build_sam_account: smbpasswd database
    > is corrupt! username awilliam with uid 511 is not in unix passwd
    > database!
    >
    > however, I'm resolving my awilliam with nss_ldap, so I can ssh and su -l
    > awilliam fine. so shouldn't samba be able to get the user awilliam w/ uid
    > 511 out of ldap via nss_ldap instead of looking for it directly in
    > /etc/passwd?
    >
    > --

  3. Re: [Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt!

    i did, otherwise I wouldn't be able to ssh in and su -l to awilliam.

    [root@roark ldap]# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf |grep ldap
    passwd: files ldap
    shadow: files ldap
    group: files ldap
    protocols: files ldap
    services: files ldap
    netgroup: files ldap
    automount: files ldap

    Robert Pollard wrote:
    > Just taking a stab at this but did you modify nsswitch.conf to look in
    > the LDAP server. I believe this is where you would set it to look for
    > authentication info other than "files"
    >
    > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Williams"

  4. Re: [Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt!

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    I added myself into OpenLDAP and deleted my user account from
    /etc/passwd. Now samba complains in the log file:

    Jan 25 10:17:56 roark smbd[2767]: build_sam_account: smbpasswd
    database is corrupt! username awilliam with uid 511 is not in unix
    passwd database!

    however, I'm resolving my awilliam with nss_ldap, so I can ssh and su -l
    awilliam fine. so shouldn't samba be able to get the user awilliam w/
    uid 511 out of ldap via nss_ldap instead of looking for it directly in
    /etc/passwd?

    hi did you ever manage to resolve this?
    cheers

+ Reply to Thread