RE: [Samba] Retry: Mapping AD domain users to UNIX users - Samba

This is a discussion on RE: [Samba] Retry: Mapping AD domain users to UNIX users - Samba ; That looks hopeful. However, we are using 3.0.23b (binaries downloaded from samba.org, not SunFreeware as I previously said). I hesitate to try compiling a more recent version as I've not managed to compile successfully so far! Regards, Nigel ---------------------------------------- Nigel ...

  1. RE: [Samba] Retry: Mapping AD domain users to UNIX users

    That looks hopeful. However, we are using 3.0.23b (binaries downloaded from samba.org, not SunFreeware as I previously said). I hesitate to try compiling a more recent version as I've not managed to compile successfully so far!

    Regards,
    Nigel
    Nigel Pain
    Corporate Systems Support
    ISIS
    1-C (South)
    Victoria Quay
    Ext. 47237
    Mob. 07795 618362
    Email: Pain NDA (Nigel)
    Go to http://sascluster/sdmu_wiki/FrontPage for more information

    Please shut down and switch off your PC when you go to lunch or a meeting

    This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

    Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

    The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

  2. Re: [Samba] Retry: Mapping AD domain users to UNIX users

    Nigel.Pain@scotland.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
    > That looks hopeful. However, we are using 3.0.23b (binaries downloaded from samba.org, not SunFreeware as I previously said). I hesitate to try compiling a more recent version as I've not managed to compile successfully so far!

    I forget when the option started.
    You can check your distribution by running "smbd -b|grep idmap_nss". If
    your distribution includes it, it should show up.

    Regards, Doug