[Samba] Samba logoff script - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba logoff script - Samba ; Hello Is it possible to create a samba logoff script. I currently use netlogon for a logonscript. I also want a logoff scipt to allow me to back certain files up once a user logs off. Is this possible? If ...

  1. [Samba] Samba logoff script

    Hello

    Is it possible to create a samba logoff script. I currently use netlogon for
    a logonscript. I also want a logoff scipt to allow me to back certain files
    up once a user logs off.

    Is this possible? If so how?

    --
    REGARDS,
    Andy

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba logoff script

    use roaming profiles and/or offline files?

    Andy wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Is it possible to create a samba logoff script. I currently use netlogon for
    > a logonscript. I also want a logoff scipt to allow me to back certain files
    > up once a user logs off.
    >
    > Is this possible? If so how?

  3. RE: [Samba] Samba logoff script

    If you are using xp clients, you can call a logoff script using local group
    policy (or a logon script for that matter, if you have machines that are not
    part of the domain yet, like I do...).

    As part of your logon script import a registry key to set the logoff script.

    Command: regedit.exe /s %logondrive%\logoff.reg

    (%logondrive% being set as \\server\netlogon\scripts as part of my logon
    script. )

    Here's mine (named logoff.reg):

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\System\Scripts]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\System\Scripts\Logoff
    ]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\System\Scripts\Logoff
    \0]
    "GPO-ID"="LocalGPO"
    "SOM-ID"="Local"
    "FileSysPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\GroupPolicy\\User"
    "DisplayName"="Local Group Policy"
    "GPOName"="Local Group Policy"

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\System\Scripts\Logoff
    \0\0]
    "Script"="logoff.bat"
    "Parameters"=""
    "ExecTime"=hex(b):00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00, 00,00

    As part of your logon script copy the logoff.bat (or whatever you choose to
    use), to the indicated location.
    In this case: C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User (the double slashes are
    required above, but not here...)

    Here's my logoff.bat:

    CALL \\server\netlogon\scripts\logoff1.bat

    Which is where I change whatever I want it to do at logoff....

    If your not on XP, well, I think you can do it on W2K, the registry import
    is a little different.
    I am NOT any good at batch files or scripting.... Just the basic stuff. But
    it works for me.