[Samba] Now that MS has to play nice... - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Now that MS has to play nice... - Samba ; Being that you SAMBA developers had to work so hard to reverse engineer the AD protocols. Will there soon be improvements and more full featured functionality in SAMBA now that you have access to more documentation? Is anything on the ...

  1. [Samba] Now that MS has to play nice...

    Being that you SAMBA developers had to work so hard to reverse engineer
    the AD protocols. Will there soon be improvements and more full
    featured functionality in SAMBA now that you have access to more
    documentation? Is anything on the order of a fully feature AD clone in
    the works. Also, how do you dance around patented protocols? Can you
    still implement them? Do you have to avoid them? So anything patented
    is taboo functionality, never to be seen in SAMBA.

    Thanks for all your hard work over the years guys. I hope it gets much
    easier now.

    Doug P

  2. [Samba] Re: Now that MS has to play nice...

    "Douglas Phillipson" wrote in message
    > Being that you SAMBA developers had to work so hard to reverse engineer
    > the AD protocols. Will there soon be improvements and more full
    > featured functionality in SAMBA now that you have access to more
    > documentation? Is anything on the order of a fully feature AD clone in
    > the works. Also, how do you dance around patented protocols? Can you
    > still implement them? Do you have to avoid them? So anything patented
    > is taboo functionality, never to be seen in SAMBA.
    >
    > Thanks for all your hard work over the years guys. I hope it gets much
    > easier now.
    >
    > Doug P
    > --

    I agree.

    I want to send a big shout out to all the developers of Samba. We really
    appreciate all the hard work you do.

    I know this is not the development newsgroup. But since I don't understand
    much that is said on that newsgroup, I will ask the question here.

    How will the change affect the development of Samba 4?