[Samba] More then one wins server on a network. - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] More then one wins server on a network. - Samba ; Can some explain to me why its bad to have more then one wins samba wins server on a subnet. I have two different domains on one subnet and want to have each domain control be its own wins server. ...

  1. [Samba] More then one wins server on a network.

    Can some explain to me why its bad to have more then one wins samba wins
    server on a subnet. I have two different domains on one subnet and want
    to have each domain control be its own wins server.

    Thanks again.

    Dom

  2. Re: [Samba] More then one wins server on a network.

    If all your machines are on the same subnet you don't really need WINS.
    The problem becomes one of making sure that all the machines on
    different subnets that want to see each other in browse lists use the
    same WINS server.